I have a fully working (Clean Installed) F29 test machine which
seems OK for some users (fred) who has a very small home directory.

User home directories are NFS mounted from a
Centos 7.5.1804 server

I am using lightdm & XFCE on both F28 & F29

I login to F29 as me (ja) and the display locks up continually,
the display can become smeared, applications freeze, ...,
it is totally unusable - core dumping maybe.

I login to XFCE as another user (fred) and su - ja and run applications
with no problems - evolution, google-chrome, pcmanfm, ...

I conclude that there is something in my ~/.config or ~/.cache
that F29 cannot handle during the login phase or shortly after.
There are 11323 files in ~/.config
and 5431 in ~/.cache

Worse still when I return to my F28 machine as ja then
problems are now present on that machine as well.
Presumably ~/.config (maybe ~/.cache) has been corrupted by F29.

I have to restore ~/.config (394MB) and once ~/.cache(532MB)
from a backup before I have a usable F28 machine again.
(and hence can send this email)

I have tried things such as "find ~/.config -amin -3" to find
changed files but nothing I have deleted/moved has helped.

I have used journalctl -f and top

I have seen xfce4-panel, xfsettingsd, xfdesktop seg fault
(libgdk-3)

At one stage I thought "setenforce 0" helped but now not convinced.

Has anyone else seen this problem or has some suggestion for
better ways of trouble shooting?

I am loathe to have to re-create all those settings in ~/.config

Struggling!