On 11/12/18 1:37 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at failed messages in journalctl I noticed the following messages:
>

> Nov 13 06:47:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[2393]:
> openrazer-daemon.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or
> directory
> Nov 13 06:47:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[2393]:
> openrazer-daemon.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning
> /usr/bin/openrazer-daemon: No such file or directory
> Nov 13 06:47:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[2386]:
> openrazer-daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
> Nov 13 06:47:12 localhost.localdomain systemd[2386]: Failed to start
> Daemon to manage razer devices in userspace.
>
> That service was from a vendor supplied package for the mouse I used
> previously.
>
> I tried to disable the service but that failed.
>

> sudo systemctl disable openrazer-daemon.service
> Failed to disable unit: Unit file openrazer-daemon.service does not exist.
>
> sudo systemctl disable openrazer-daemon.service --user
> Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory
>

> Given the above how do I stop systemd from trying to start the unneeded
> service?

First, find the actual name of the service file (it's probably NOT
"openrazer-daemon.service" as the service file itself often isn't named
after the daemon it runs). You could try:

        find /usr/lib/systemd -name "*razer*"

and if that fails to find anything:

        find /etc/systemd -name "*razer*"

Once you find it, then:

        systemctl disable <name-of-service-file>

if you MAY use it again (via "enable" or "link"), or

        systemctl mask <name-of-service-file>

if you don't plan to ever use it again.