On 12/11/18 3:34 PM, George Avrunin wrote:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 23:29:35 -0500, Robert McBroom via users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Upgraded to F29. On KDE desktop starting EMACS in a privileged command
window locks the system. Starting EMACS with sudo locks the system. On
XFCE4 normal EMACS access with privilege.

Other file managers don't like root but there are times when cli is awkward.
I'm now seeing this, too, with F29, kernel 4.19.7, on KDE.  I'm pretty sure
doing this has worked as expected after the upgrade to F29, so it's a recent
change, but I don't know exactly when it started. I'm seeing this with two
different machines (a desktop and a laptop).  This is
emacs-26.1.6.f29.x86_64, in case that matters, and, at the moment,
plasma-workspace-5.14.4-1.fc29.x86_64 which was upgraded to on December 5.

It doesn't actually lock the system.  I can, for instance get to a virtual
terminal and kill the startkde process to get back to roughly where I was.
And I can still see the cursor and move it around (though it becomes invisible
when it's over the konsole window from which I launched emacs), but except for
being able to use, e.g., control-F3, to get to a console, I don't seem to be
able to interact with the open windows or switch to another virtual desktop
(cursor won't cross the desktop boundary).

The command "emacs -nw" seems to work fine. On kernel 4.19.6

   George

Same here on a desktop and a laptop. Switched to gnome-session and have access.
On kernel 4.19.6

and plasma-workspace-5.14.4-1 trouble.

Robert