Does anyone have suggestions for easily simulating a missing volume in
LVM on bare metal? I'm trying to test behaviour like a network
attached physical volume going missing (actually, a network mounted
virtual disc image). The normal loopback approach to testing falls a
bit short, while overwriting the file can corrupt the PV, removing it
seems very hard, as even force removing the loop device seems to leave
it connected to the file handle, meaning a reboot is required to
really clear things, and so at the minute I can only test what happens
if a drive is missing after boot, rather than disappears during
operation. (A bit easier to do with discs on a VM, but doing testing
on a laptop.)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk