Hi,

I have a fedora29 workstation and frequently need a lightweight editor
to make notes, act as an interim cut buffer, and just briefly edit
documents before posting them somewhere else.

The problem is that gedit crashes, or my desktop crashes, losing all
the notes. Sometimes I have ten or so documents of differing degrees
going at once, and when it crashes (like it just did again), I lose
everything.

I need something with some kind of temporary autosave capability, like
vim, but graphical.

I'm aware of the dozens of console editors (I use vim virtually
everywhere), but need something small like gedit, without the bulk and
complexity of libreoffice.

Thanks,
Alex