On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 16:32:22 -0400,
 Garry Williams <gtwilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
On most occasions I have to clean files before I am allowed to update
a Fedora 30 system:

   garry@ifr$ sudo dnf upgrade
   [sudo] password for garry:
   Fedora 30 - x86_64 - Updates                      63 kB/s |  18 kB
   Fedora 30 - x86_64 - Updates                     226 kB/s | 659 kB
   Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates'
   Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'updates'

I get this once in a while. Usually if I grab a compose repo while it is building and then later try to update from an rsync'd normal repo. I haven't been able to figure out the reason yet. As far as I can tell it isn't miscopied data (except possibly in the cache).