On 5/24/19 11:11 AM, Javier Perez wrote:
Hi. This is Off Topic.
Is there a reliable usb or dvd  distribution with tools to clean up viruses, root kits, whatever from a Hard drive? I got a quite slow windows 10 laptop from a nephew for clean  up (I do not know what kind of viruses/malware might be lurking in there). Rather than hooking it to my home network I would prefer to first start it from a cleaning usb/dvd and at least catch and erase them off line instead of giving them the opportunity to try and conquer my linux realm :)
Thanks

https://www.eset.com/int/support/sysrescue/
Use dd to cut it to a Flash Drive

If all else fails, do a dd /dev/zero and wipe out the hard drive
and start over.

If you have not used Windows Nein, oops, Windows Ten before
you are in for a rude awakening!  Swearing helps.What
were they thinking!

:-)