On 7/10/19 5:46 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 7/11/19 6:45 AM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 7/10/19 3:35 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 07/10/2019 02:37 PM, Alessio wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 9:04 PM sixpack13 <sixpac...@online.de
<mailto:sixpac...@online.de>> wrote:

     wasn't su disallowed during the last fedora upgrades ?

No.
As far as I know only root is locked by default (at least on Fedora
Workstation). Aka
you can't su to root. But you are able to use Switch to any other (not locked)
User,
as usual.

Is there a way to undo this noxious action?  Because if not, I'll be migrating
both of
my computers to CentOs.
So much overreaction to incorrect information.  Yes, by default, the root
password is
locked, which has been the case for a long time.  The installer lets you set it
if you
want.  There is no change to su or sudo.  As always, if the root password is
disabled,
you can't use su to get to root.  But again, as always, sudo will still work if
your
user account is set as an administrator (i.e. part of wheel group).  And ssh to
root
will work if you setup a key.
I don't have a running Workstation instance at the moment.  However, I seem to
recall if
one is hard-up about using "su -" they can "sudo passwd root" and create a pw and
then "su
-" will function as before.

I tried it Ed.

No go.

It keeps saying that authentication failed.