On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 07:12:01 -0500
Javier Perez wrote:

> Is the linux driver for these cards fine?

Not the last time I tried them. As near as I can tell
the only reliable open source driver is intel, but you
need a motherboard with built-in intel video that supports
it. Simpler to switch back to the nvidia binary
drivers from rpmfusion.

I usually go with the nouveau drivers on each new fedora
release till they freeze up the first time, then I give
up and switch to nvidia. (Lately, I don't even have to wait
for them to freeze up, since X11 under nouveau apparently
can't interpret the EDID from the monitor on my 4K TV,
wayland "works" but doesn't use the native resolution).