> Date: Saturday, September 14, 2019 22:13:11 +0800
> From: Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com>

>>> On 9/14/19 9:34 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:

>>> From the remote system, what do you get when you try to "telnet"
>>> to port 22?
>>>
>> telnet 192.168.1.12
>> Trying 192.168.1.12...
>> telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.12: No route to host
>>
>> I guess that I need to reestablish the route.
>> How?
>>

> No, that is an indication that port 22 is not open.

Actually, it looks like you did a telnet to the (default) telnet port
(23):

  > telnet 192.168.1.12

rather than the ssh port (22), as Ed suggested:

  > telnet 192.168.1.12 22

which is what is needed to get meaningful results.

Try the telnet to the ssh port and see what you get. It may be a
firewall issue, but the results you showed don't appear to be a test
of the issue.