On 9/23/19 10:42 AM, Danishka Navin wrote:

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:32 PM Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net <mailto:sam...@sieb.net>> wrote:

    On 9/23/19 9:43 AM, Danishka Navin wrote:
     > for LXDE based system which user should I use?
     > I can't see lxdm on  fedora lxde  spin.

    Use the "ps" ("ps auxw | less" is what I usually use) command to see
    what process is running, maybe lightdm.  When you find it, you will see
    which user it is running as.  However, I don't know which DMs support
    notifications.

Noticed that there is dbus user not sure if its the correct one to use.

No, you need to find the display manager process. lxdm is usually the one used for lxde.