On 9/25/19 11:56 AM, Frédéric wrote:
Check that the drive actually is faulty before discarding it.
Filesystem corruptions can happen without it being the drive's fault.
I did force fsck but it did not seem to do anything or it is so quick
that I did not see anything.
Anyway to perform a deep check?

I put the disk in a USB3 box and bought a new one. I know that SSD
disks loose memory with time. I wonder how this works and I thought
that maybe if I reformat the disk, I will be able to use it again.

I don't recall if you mentioned the model of SSD you have.  I wonder if it has
SMART capability.

What is the output of

sudo smartctl --all /dev/sdX

where X is the device identifier.

--
If simple questions can be answered with a simple google query then why are
there so many of them?