Hi,

I have a 2TB HDD with a possibly major problem. I have cleared the data from it
and have tried to run "mke2fs -t ext4 -j /dev/sdc1" but after 24 hours it had
just finished the 0xaa phase and started reading when the drive seemingly
dropped ready and was re-assigned as a new device to /dev/sdf. Argh. I did get
an ended message with an ending block number. I'd like to restart at that point
in time and continue the media check. I don't see anything in the mke2fs man
page though.

Has anyone seen or heard of a way to do this?

Best regards,

George...