I have developed a procedure for installing a new fedora
that insures anaconda cannot possibly screw up my disks:
I install in a virtual machine, guestmount the virtual
image then rsync the new fedora to the real partition
and edit grub and fstab parameters.

I don't yet know if the new computer I'm building
supports old fashioned MSDOS booting, or if I'll
finally be forced to go with EFI.

I'm wondering if it is remotely possible to do the
same sort of install with EFI booting. I assume I'd
need the qemu EFI bios so the virtual machine is
set up for EFI booting. Would efibootmgr be able to
fix things after the copy? Anyone ever done this?