The easiest way to move an vg to a new device is partitioning the new
device, create a pv on the correct device, and then add that device to
the vg and then do a pvmove to move the data to the new device.  Once
done you remove the device from the vg.

cloning the boot can be done with dd, but if you do that it is best to
only do up to were the 2nd partition starts and deal with the 2nd
partition with the above lvm commands.