.

Due to failure of a 3TB Seagate hard drive (DOM 28 April 2019) i am rebuilding the server again, this time with no backup to refer to. I am trying to work from references found searching google, my notes were in the server. I think what I have should work even if not optimal but /am unable to get connected from this client which has always worked with the NFS.
/

/I have tried the various checks/rests and so far the only thing that looks significant Is:
/

[bobg@Workstation-1 ~]$ showmount -e 192.168.2.128
clnt_create: RPC: Unable to receive

This computer's fstab has the line:   192.168.2.128:home1 /media/nfs    nfs4 rw,soft,intr,fg,comment=systemd.automount  0 0

And at the server exports is:

[bobg@NFS-Server ~]$ cat /etc/exports
/nfs4exports/home1 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

/nfs4exports/data 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

My mount command:  [root@Workstation-1 bobg]# mount 192.168.2.128:home1  /media/nfs

Also, ssh and sftp both work from this box and from the NFS box, both are updated Fedora31 systems.  i am uncertain of what should be in fstab and exports but planned on refining that once things work.

Help, suggestions please?

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,