On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 18:45:16 -0700 stan via users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 19:12:43 -0600
> Ranjan Maitra <mai...@email.com> wrote:
>
> > Amusing, but how do I get this system to not believe that it is
> > living in the past?
>

> Grab the repos and gpg-keys packages from here,
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1399456
> and update them using
> dnf -C update [package names]
>
> This should remove the Fedora 30 repos, but look in /etc/yum.repos.d/
> to be sure.
>
> You should check that you have the release files as well.  If not get
> from here, the plain release and the common,
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1403319
> and update them using
> dnf -C update [package names]

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, I tried installing the RPMs but got the
message that all of them were installed So, I reinstalled

sudo dnf reinstall
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/fedora-repos/31/1/noarch/fedora-repos-31-1.noarch.rpm

and this appears to have cleaned out the F30 elves...

sudo updated even found an update for R and its friends!

Thanks again for all your help. Thanks also to Tom!

Best wishes,
Ranjan