On 2020-01-14 16:04, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 1/13/20 11:27 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 2020-01-14 15:24, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Since I didn't do anything to enable "autoremove" I suppose you're saying
>>> it is enabled by default?
>>> How to check?
>>
>> Oh, never mind.
>>
>> I think you're using the wrong terminology.
>>
>> dnf.conf contains, by default
>>
>> clean_requirements_on_remove=True
>
> Yes, but the option to disable it is "--noautoremove".

So, the OP would have had to specify that option for vlc-core not to have been
removed.

And, since the OP did say, "When I reinstalled Vlc /usr/lib64/vlc repopulated
with good stuff" and you've determined
that the contents of /usr/lib64/vlc is mainly part of the core package it is
pretty clear what did occur.

FWIW, it is too bad the OP did rm on ./.config/vlc.  It would have been
interesting to see what would have
happened if that directory was just moved and then moved back to see if it had
something to do with
the issue.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.