This might be useless but:  I have updated many times successfully until
F31. My desktop just wasn't working the same after the F31 upgrade and my
oft used productivity shortcuts including Super key weren't working. I
spent lots of time checking Tweaks tool etc.

Then I checked the settings (cog) on the login screen. F31 and switched me
to use Gnome Classic be default!! I had never made that switch myself. So I
switched to Gnome, logged in, and all the familiarity and productivity of
Gnome 3 returned.  I'm embarrassed by how long it took me to figure it out.

-William

William G Henry

Senior Distinguished Engineer

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>