Hello there!

the package vim-common includes a file that defines markdown's syntax
for highlighting. it can be found at
/usr/share/vim/vim82/syntax/markdown.vim. however, it seems to me that
there is something wrong in this file. if i write:

***Something***

and something else

then "and something else" is also highlighted like "Something". vim does
not seem to get that the highlighted region ended at "***". this applies
for "*" and "**" as well but not for "_", "__" and "___". I worked
around that by deleting the "skip" attribute in lines 91,93 and 95 of
the file. but this approach seems wrong too because now i cannot skip a
"*" with the "\" character. this is not really important for me but i
guess there must be a way to properly define it. does anyone have any idea?

Aristeidis

PS: tested on fully updated F31 and F30