hi
I have a strange problem ...

On my computer "maven" (an IDE for developent in java language) is
installed in the directory: "/ opt / netbeans / java / maven / bin / mvn".

And I can run it (maven)  by giving its full path from the command line.

I wanted to modify the PATH variable to use the simple name of the program
"mvn".

I did it and actually I get this output for the command :
-------
angelo_dev @ pluto:  echo $ PATH:
/ Usr / share / Modules / bin: / usr / local / bin: / usr / local / sbin: /
usr / bin: / usr / sbin: / opt / netbeans / java / maven / bin / mvn.
-------
However when I use of the mvn command (without specifying its complete
value) it does not work,
I get this output;
-------
angelo_dev @ pluto: ~ $ mvn
bash: mvn: command not found ...
Install package 'maven' to provide command 'mvn'? [N / y]
--------

I cannot understand...

Can anyone help me understand this problem

Thanks Angelo.