On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 15:25 -0600, S.Bob wrote:
> Does Fedora 31 support any USB monitors? Will a USB->HDMI adapter
> work?

When it comes to USB-C monitors, there's two flavours.

There's a special dual-purpose USB connection that can be used as a
monitor port (some smart phones do this).  Some of the pins are used
for non-USB purposes.  It just requires a special USB to HDMI cable.

There are HDMI video cards which generate their own video, and are
connected via USB.  This is akin to any other USB product (sound cards,
mice, webcams, etc).  The USB port is just power and data.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 17 23:49:17 UTC 2020 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.