On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:23:53 -0400
Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 04:39:13 +0530
> Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:
>
> > Why does this happen ?
>
> I don't know why, but I've noticed it as well. It wasn't always this
> way, but a few fedora versions ago it changed.

A few versions ago the default disk drivers shifted to multi queue
versions from single queue.   I don't know that this had any thing to do
with it, but it is a change in disk handling.

I don't copy large files, so I haven't seen any issues.  I'm using the
bfq driver, but there is still a version of the deadline driver that I
haven't tried.  Perhaps you could switch which driver you are using to
see if it helps.