I recently setup Folding@Home on my Fedora 31 box and have it running on
the CPU no problem but the package is not without issues...

It installs a SysV init script which SystemD generates a service file from
it, but fahclient runs as the fahclient user but AFAICT SystemD doesn't
know that, which I've read can cause problems with accessing the GPU.

So I went ahead and wrote a SystemD service file for fahclient, but no
luck. I've also added fahclient to the video group, nope...

I've installed the packages I think I need from AMD (which are really EL 8
packages) but they all install into /opt so my current theory is that FAH
isn't finding the libraries...

Current OpenCL error is:
OpenCL: Not Detected: clGetDeviceIDs() returned -1

Anyone successfully got this working?