On 4/6/20 11:07 PM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
This system has been in use for 10 years or more on various Fedora versions. However about 18 months ago I have seen a problem where cron will start two backups with identical start times occasionally.

I have had to add a file lock system in the bbackup-beam to cope with this.

Any idea on why cron might start the same job off twice at the same time ? Could there be a time change issue with chronyd ?

Have you checked the logs to see when the jobs were started and if there are any relevant messages?