On 4/10/20 1:46 PM, Sreyan Chakravarty wrote:
 > Hm. This should yield the same result as -dev test.iso.
 > I still get
   mount: /dev/loop0p1: can't read superblock

May be I am doing something wrong.

Without your help I think I would have left Fedora since there are no tutorials as to how I can get a Kickstart file on to a disk. You have helped me a lot more than you know. xorriso seems to be the best documented software for ISO file manipulation. I did not even know that USB sticks had a MBR partition.

Its just that for beginners like me who come from Windows, its difficult to find the correct documentation.

That is far from a beginner task and something that extremely few people would have any reason to do. It's also rare that you're trying to create something for optical media. If you were using USB flash, it would be simple.