On 2020-04-18 15:05, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 2020-04-19 02:10, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
Hi All,

To get FC32 to upgrade on on eof my VM's, I have to add

        --disablerepo=brave*

to the following:

#dnf --enablerepo=* update --refresh --disablerepo=brave*
# dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=32 --allowerasing --best
--disablerepo=brave*

Aside from the fact that F32 issues/comments should be going to the test list,
"brave" isn't a fedora
repo/project.  So, just like rpmfusion, it need not be mentioned here.

Hi Ed,

Kinda sorta yes and kinda sorta no.

This is for folks "using" Fedora, so non OS things do
get discussed.  And the testing folks did announce
FC32 here.

I will also post over on the testing group.  Probably
get told the same thing.

Why would you be told the same thing?

Because Brave is not part of Fedora, although it should
be, especially with Firefox working on fewer and fewer
websites. Firefox is dying and that is really sad. I have been a fan of it since Netscape. Brave is also the most private of all the Browsers. See:
    https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/pubs/browser_privacy.pdf

The Test list is clearly where
this should go (except for the Brave stuff which as Ed says is not part
of Fedora).

poc

My intention was since Brave does run and run well
on Fedora that other may have had the same issue
I had and would appreciate seeing how to handle it.
Plus the fix action will work with other programs
having the same issue.

I was being helpful.  A lot of folks on this list
have been extremely helpful to me, so I was giving
back.