On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 9:17 AM Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I pick Intel based, I'm pretty much assured everything will work,
> but it seems that going AMD will get me better bang-for-the-buck,
> but ... will all the parts work with Linux?

Yup, all of my desktops are AMD and have been for decades.

> I'm currently looking at a Gigabyte B450M DS3H with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600
> CPU.

I have a Gigabyte X370 w/ Ryzen 5 2600, the only problem I had was I needed
to flash the BIOS. It's been rock solid ever since.

My son has a Gigabyte Aorus X570 w/ Ryzen 5 3600 and it runs Fedora just
fine. I wouldn't worry too much unless you got into bleeding edge or stuff
with strange hardware, neither of which should be the case in your budget.

Thanks,
Richard