All;

I seem to remember way back in the day we used to ssh to a server, set our local display on that connection and then run a web browser FROM the ssh target but display the web browser on the source machine.

I think we used to do this:

ssh -Y target_machine

export DISPLAY=:0

$ firefox &

I have a mac, I can ssh to it, I want to run a web browser FROM the mac but displayed on my Fedora 31 laptop.

I tried this:

ssh -Y mac_ip

export DISPLAY=:0

$ /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox

But no joy

Thoughts? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

--
`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly
and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".' (By Linus Torvalds)