On 4/30/20 7:15 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
I then trying "dnf distosync" to make sure I didn't have any leaf packages. To my surprise a BUNCH of packages were listed, mostly modules. I ge that in certain cases modules may be needed but I have *NEVER* intentionally enabled a module version of a package so I found this quite disconcerting.

Is this removing modules or adding them? In F30 and F31 there were some module versions installed by default. e.g. gimp Does "distrosync" give you a different list than just "upgrade"? What are the differences?

Subsequently, I tried "dnf repoquery --conflicts" and was again greeted with a long list.

Why would you run this? That is scanning the entire repository collection for all the listed conflicts from all packages. I think that option doesn't do what you think it does. It should never be possible to install conflicting packages unless you're forcing it with rpm.