On Mon, 4 May 2020 at 11:58, Paolo Galtieri <pgalti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>    about a week ago I posted an email regarding bindings to libgnome,
> but I never did see the post on the list, just one person's response.
>

> The issue is that the program I use for doing backups, sbackup, fails
> with python 3.  The 2 main failures are in regard to the following:
>
> import gnome.ui
>
> and
>
> import gnome.vfs
>
> or more specifically the packages:
>
> gnome-python2-gnomevfs-2.28.1-23.fc29.x86_64
> gnome-python2-gnome.x86_64
>
> so my question is how do I get the same features in python 3?
>
> The gnome.vfs failure occurred after I upgraded from F31 to F32. Under
> F31 the front end of sbackup fails because of the lack of gnome.ui.
> Under F32 the back end now fails due to the lack of gnome.vfs.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

sbackup was packaged for Ubuntu, but stopped working in 2018.   In response
to the question "Is sbackup dead?
<https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/669182>":

Aigars Mahinovs (aigarius) <https://launchpad.net/~aigarius> said on
2018-08-11:

I do consider that to be true and I wrote this software originally. I have
a vague hope to one day either rewrite this in order to make it
maintainable again or to just make a tool to ease users migrating to other
backup tools, but I have not found the energy for either yet.

--
George N. White III