> I downloaded the F32 Server netinstall CD.
>
> I wanted a F32 Workstation netinstall, but I could not find one.  :(
>
> The system is a Lenovo x140e that I got used on ebay with no HD and
> only 4GB memory.  I pulled an SSD that had F28 on it and added 4GB
> memory.
>
> this system will not boot as is.

why not?  It makes me wonder if you have hardware or hardware config
problem (bios settings) already at this stage.

> I put the CD in a USB DVD/CD device, turn on the computer, press F12
> for boot menu and select the CD.
>
> I get the Install 32 or check media option and select Install.
maybe select "check media and install" instead, if you are having
problems installing.

> After a bit of time it goes back to the system boot message offering
> to start F28 (which won't work anyway).
>
> What do I do to figure out what is wrong?
>
> I pulled an old Lenovo x120e and did the same start up.  I got into
> the install menu for F32, so I don't think it is the CD media.
so, it sounds like hardware/hardware config. Maybe that ssd is borked.
Maybe the bios is setup wrong. Maybe the laptop has other hardware
problems that caused it to be sold in the first place. Will a live cd
run? Maybe you could get some info/diagnostics that way?

> any one have experience with the x140e?
no