On 5/12/20 3:34 PM, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I ran the live usb and I still have the same problem.

At first when it shows the password screen theres like a blackish grey
box in the middle of the screen blocking where you input your password
and then the screen blanks off and then when I turn the screen off and
back on I see the password screen but it blanks right back off. Finally
the 3rd time was the charm.

Then I would expect it's a hardware problem of some sort. I couldn't say if it's the graphics device or the monitor though. For now, I would suggest disabling the monitor power saving option and see if that avoids the problem.