On 2020-05-19 18:26, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 07:37 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> What's the memory usage?  F32 enabled the faster oom killer:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/EnableEarlyoom
>>
>> Keep in mind that earlyoom installs only applies to new installs.
>>

>> If one is upgrading from an earlier version of Fedora it won't be
>> automatically installed.  Nor is it
>>
>> installed on all spins.
> My system was upgraded from F31 to F32 and does have earlyoom installed
> and running. I have never installed it myself and indeed wasn't even
> aware of it before reading this thread. This is Fedora Workstation,
> though I actually use KDE.

OK, then maybe it is added to Workstation on the upgrade.  I suppose you can
verify that
by looking at the dnf history for the upgrade.

I've not done an upgrade of a Workstation edition as of yet.

Either way, one can look at the journal to see if either the oom_reaper or
earlyoom has terminated
a process.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.