On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 14:06:41 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgood...@fastmail.us> wrote:

> The essential ones are OO and up to the red, "L{NE" was muted I set
> to MM and turned the level up, that does not restore the sound though.

I'm stumped.  Everything says you should have sound from aplay.

aplay is producing sound.
It's sending it to default, which is sound device 0.
Sound device 0 has output enabled, and volumes turned up.
Other sound plays through default and pulseaudio.

A long shot.  Check in pavucontrol whether the default device in
pulseaudio is set to be device 0, the analog card, and that it is
enabled. If that is true, I'm out of ideas.  Everything says you should
have sound.