On 2020-07-05 14:10, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 7/4/20 5:15 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>

>> On 2020-07-04 20:05, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Why don't you comment out the fstab entry and try....
>>>
>>> mount -o uid=bobg,credentials=/home/bobg/cred //192.168.50.149/home/share
>>> /media/smb
>> .
>> [root@WS1 bobg]# mount /media/smb
>> mount: /etc/fstab: parse error at line 22 -- ignored
>> mount: /media/smb: can't find in /etc/fstab.
>
> Did you comment it out wrong?  But anyway, that wasn't the command he said to
> try.  He asked you to try the full mount command with all the options, not
> the short one used when the mount description is in fstab.

I get the feeling he may have an entry in fstab which spanned/spans 2 lines?

Yes, I asked him to comment out the line and then just try the full command
from the command line
to eliminate an issue with /media/smb.  In a previous message he showed the
full contents of
/media so it doesn't appear that the directory is missing.

Would be "nice" if he would attach the actual fstab so it won't be
wrapped/formatted by an
email client.

FWIW, he never confirmed that he actually did comment out the fstab entry.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.