On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 at 17:17, Robin Lee <robin...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Installer iso-files that couldn't be put on a usb-stick doesn't seem to
> make sense. The file is called Win10_2004_English_x64.iso
> After the iso-file is on the stick Gnome Disks gives the contents as
> UDF version 1.02 and it can be mounted.

A common mistake is to just copy the .iso file to a USB key.   You want
the contents of  the USB key to look like the contents of the iso file.

> I have to see if I can find any special instructions from
> microsoft.com, although they would probably not cover how to do it on
> Fedora

It should not matter what OS is on the system disk when booting the Windows
installer (what the Windows installer does to Fedora may be an issue).

--
George N. White III