On 8/11/20 4:53 PM, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
On 2020-08-11 12:31, Doug McGarrett wrote:
I like Softmaker Office

I am seeing a 30 day trial (.rpm's, yippee) but no free version
It's been a while since I looked at the website. It turns out that there is
now "FreeOffice" with a reasonably full text processor, that can write
PDFs as well as text, and fairly limited spreadsheet and slide maker.

As I'm going to have to put a word processor and spread-sheet reader
(not writer) on this new machine, I will probably install Free Office.
That's what i basically need. I occasionally get emailed a schedule
for something I participate in, in spread-sheet format, and as long
as I can read that and print it, it's enough for me. YMMV
(If it turns out I have no choice for some reason, I'll pay the $49.95
per year. To me it would be worth it.)
--doug