On Fedora 32 Workstation.

My VTs are functional but there is not visible indication
of I/O.  By that I mean, I get no login or password prompt.
But I can blindly login.  I get no shell prompt.  But I
can blindly enter commands that run but they show no output
in the VT.

The VT system is controlled by systemD.  After a boot and upon
graphical login this is the status:

$ systemctl | grep getty

  system-getty.slice        loaded active active    system-getty.slice

  getty.target              loaded active active    Login Prompts

A "ps -ef | grep getty" gives no output

After I try to access VT #3 (<Ctl><Alt><Fn3>) without logging in,
I get an additional line from the above command:

  getty@tty3.service        loaded active running   Getty on tty3

And the ps pipe gives this:

  root  4237  1  0 13:23 tty4  00:00:00 /sbin/agetty -o -p -- \u --noclear tty3
linux

I didn't think the display manager would affect the VT system, but
just in case I tried gdm, sddm, lightdm.  No differences.

Any clue as to why there seems to be no video connection to the VTs?

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com