On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 13:29, Jerome Lille <jerome.li...@ownbay.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've noticed in system log the following message popping up from time
> to time.
>
> gnome-shell[4119]: libinput error: event5  - Kingsis mouse: client bug:
> event processing lagging behind by 21ms, your system is too slow
>

>From my somewhat old Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A USB connected
via an older hub:

gnome-shell[11094]: libinput error: event7  - Microsoft Microsoft 3-Button
Mouse with IntelliEye(TM): client bug: event processing lagging behind by
28ms, your system is too slow

> What should I do about? What is the actual problem? Is my mouse too old
> and needs to be replaced? It is not a bluetooth mouse, but one with a
> tail.

It is a feature:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Libinput-1.16-RC

One comment blames lagging response on too many messages informing you your
system is lagging.

--
George N. White III