On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:06:39 -0700
Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

> Except that I would expect the 32-bit and 64-bit packages would be
> going in the same updates, so it shouldn't be possible to get only
> one of them.  But maybe that's not the case.

It’s complicated and one of the tricky bits of running a pre-release
Fedora.  The updates-testing repository is enabled by default after
branching from rawhide and during pre-beta and early beta.  Then the
update-testing repo is disabled by default at some time between beta
and final.  A system that was fully updated with the updates-testing
repo will suddenly have a bunch of downgradable packages.  Most of
these will be available as day zero updates, but some will be stuck in
updates-testing indefinitely.  A yum distro-sync is probably the best
way to get the system in sync with the repos.

My guess is that the OP installed some 64-bit packages from
updates-testing and now wine needs the ‘downgrade’ 32-bit version from
the release repo.

Jim