On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:28 PM Sreyan Chakravarty <sreya...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 3:58 PM Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:
>
>> Looking at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=256614 and the
>> URL's contained within
>> it seems doing a
>>
>> dd if=/dev/zero of=/fedora.swap bs=1M count=2048 status=progress
>>
>> may cure the w(hole) issue.  :-)
>>

> Also weirdly my 8GB swap file is being interpreted as only 8MB.
>
> $  swapon -s
> Filename                                Type            Size    Used
>  Priority
> /fedora.swap                            file            8388604 0       -2
>
> $   ls -sh /fedora.swap
> 8.1G /fedora.swap
>
> What on earth is happening?

Ok my mistake.

I seem to have 8 GB of swap space. I can confirm by the free command.

$ free -h
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:          7.7Gi       1.7Gi       4.4Gi       337Mi       1.6Gi
5.4Gi
Swap:         8.0Gi          0B       8.0Gi

BUT

I am still unable to hibernate:

$  systemctl hibernate
Failed to hibernate system via logind: Not enough swap space for hibernation

I don't understand why after having 8GB of free swap space, I am still
unable to hibernate ?

Is this an SELinux issue ?

What is the problem here ?
--