Hi,

I use LVM with full disk encryption. I also use LVM snapshots, which have
prevented me from completely bricking my entire system many times.

Now the only problem is that the boot times when LVM snapshots are present
are extremely long.

I boot my machine, enter my encryption passphrase and then wait for about 3
minutes. It is only after that long wait does my machine boot.

This only happens if snapshots are present, if no snapshots are present,
boot is almost instantaneous after I enter my passphrase.

Is there any way this can be solved ?

I am not even sure which component to blame for this.

Is this a GRUB2 or systemd or kernel issue?

--
Regards,
Sreyan Chakravarty