On 2020-12-10 07:27, J.Witvliet--- via users wrote:

You mean: usb/LAN dongels?
Yes, they exist for ages.
Usb-2 will do max 100Mb,
For 1Gb you need usb3 (Dongle & Port)
Cisco have them, but I prefer those with a  tiny usb-cord, more flexible and less problems when patch cords are rigid.

I have one of those adapters I bought a few months ago, dunno if it will work for that but I can give it a try later.

Now I plugged the external into a USB on the back of the NFS main board. I can see it with LSUSB  via ssh. It did not mount automatically , the server has no display or keyboard connected to it. Any idea how to do that would help, if possible?

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
FEDORA-32/64bit LINUX XFCE Fastmail POP3