On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 1:56 PM Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 11:32 AM Sreyan Chakravarty <sreya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What do I do now ?
>
> Rats. Can you retry by adding -w option? In the meantime I'll report
> back to upstream and see what they recommend next.

Ignore the above. New plan.

Can you clone and build this? And then do 'btrfs-image -c9 -t4 -w
/dev/sdXY /mnt/pathtoimagefile'

https://github.com/josefbacik/btrfs-progs/tree/more-robust-image

The Fedora btrfs-progs spec file says you'll need:
BuildRequires: gcc, autoconf, automake
BuildRequires: e2fsprogs-devel, libuuid-devel, zlib-devel, libzstd-devel
BuildRequires: libacl-devel, libblkid-devel, lzo-devel
BuildRequires: asciidoc, xmlto
BuildRequires: systemd
BuildRequires: python3-devel >= 3.4
BuildRequires: make

I'm not sure if it's easier to build the whole thing or if you can
just build btrfs-image using the stub makefile in image/ directory.
When I build it doesn't take long anyway, the longest is docs :P If
you can't get it to build, lemme know.

If it does build and now you get an image file; if it's bigger than
20M it won't attach to the bug I filed; so you'll have to upload it to
e.g. google drive and the post the URL in the bug or ping me on
#fedora. Then we'll test if current fsck can fix it, and if not then
enhance it. So we're maybe half way there. Obviously the first goal is
fix the fs, but then a second goal is to see if the systemd journal on
this file system has any hints about what went wrong because that's
the *actual* important thing to get to, is the finish line. That way
it hopefully doesn't happen again to you or anyone else.

It's bad luck and tedious but sometimes the way it goes.

--
Chris Murphy