On Mon, 2021-02-08 at 16:19 -0800, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
> On 2/8/21 4:16 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 09/02/2021 08:08, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
> > > I was reporting a bug over there.  I was only
> > > giving a tip over here.
> > >
> > > "Two programs that will over write your links with
> > > the actual file" is as clear as it gets!
> >
> > Well, then why did poc write:
> >
> > "By links do you mean URLs, hard links, symlinks, something else? By
> > "over write" do you mean replace? What is the context of this?"
> >
> > Tips are only useful if fully explained.  Being vague isn't an attribute.
>
> I am surprised he did not pick it up from context.

Because the context was insufficient. When posting about an issue (or
giving a tip) it's important to put yourself in the position of someone
who isn't immersed in your specific problem.

> And using 1000 words where 2 will do is also not
> an attribute.

And now several hundred words have been used to clear up the confusion
when a bit more clarity from the start would have been enough.

poc