On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 07:37:28PM -0000, Cătălin George Feștilă wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for all the information. It is quite difficult to
> create packages from the source code for Fedora, I tried with this
> software. It seems that the Fedora team is keeping its distance in
> teaching users to create new packages.

Creating packages takes some skill, and particularly that skill builds on a
lot of other basic knowledge about building code in general. If you are
starting from scratch, yes, that's a daunting level of difficulty to dive
into.

As for keeping our distance — we certainly _want_ to help community members
learn skills, including packaging. We have a number of resources available
which I hope you've been able to find, starting from:

   https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/creating-rpm-packages/

and

   https://developer.fedoraproject.org/deployment/rpm/about.html

We've also run workshops on packaging, like

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4vxkuoimzc

and hope to be able to do in-person things like that again soon!

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>