On 2/22/21 8:48 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 22/02/2021 20:36, Temlakos wrote:
Several days ago, Skype pushed an update for Linux that I cannot install. I cannot install it because it requires a new version of the GNU Atomic Library called libatomic1. Not "libatomic," which is what Fedora uses, but "libatomic1" (note the placement of that digit "1") for which Fedora seems to have no builds.

I have found builds for several RPM-based distros, including Alt-Linux Sisyphus, OpenMandriva, and OpenSUSE.

Question: may anyone safely install any of these packages into a Fedora system?

If you did a search on this issue you'd find the Microsoft is aware of their mistake and it
will be fixed in a new release "soon".

The suggestion is to either stay on the current version until the fix.  Or to install with --nodeps.

I think I'll wait for Microsoft to do the smart thing and push an upgrade that goes back to plain old "libatomic" without the "1". If I did the other thing, I'm not sure it would work. And I really, really don't want to have to anable yet another repo to stay current with another dependency. Thanks for the heads-up.

Temlakos