See below

-----Original Message-----
From: John Mellor <john.mel...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 2:50 PM
To: users@lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Fedora 34 Works on a T500

Kudos to the Fedora 34 and Gnome teams!!!

My Lenovo Thinkpad T500 runs Linux very well.  Its a beat-up, 12-year-old,
well-equipped dual-core laptop with 8GB ram, a Core2 Duo cpu with an AMD Rv635
gpu.  Its a good machine for meetings, as it is quite rugged and mostly
survives being dropped, coffee spills, etc. Best of all, its highly secure with
hardware that is not subject to the problems related to later-generation Intel
processor design faults, etc.

Fedora 24 through 32 just worked on this laptop.  Updates were almost seamless,
and all was good.

Early Fedora 33 was a big disappointment, as it had serious font issues in the
message dropdowns and other places that made it semi-unusable, and with later
updates it would not even show a Gnome screen.  I reinstalled it several times
to confirm that the hardware was ok.  I could never find any logs detailing why
it didn't work, so I switched to installing Ubuntu 20.10 as working much more
correctly on this hardware with the same version of Gnome.

Last week I did a fresh install of Fedora 34 pre-beta, and it just worked.  It
continues to work with the hundreds of updates that are being pushed.  Fedora
is back.  Thanks!