On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:49 AM lejeczek via users <
users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I have a Lenovo E14 Gen2 which sports AMD Ryzen 4500U which
> has recently became very annoying.
> I do not shut the system off but, like many other I presume,
> put it to sleep, or system does it automatically.
> Resuming is the problem, sometimes. It's third sometimes Nth
> time, previous times it would wake up, where system instead
> of to wake up, freezes.
> When it freezes, screens stay blank/black, I have an
> external Dell monitor connected all the time as well as
> external USB ThinkPad keyboard (in case somebody sees the
> same problem in their config). Only power LED changes to
> state saying it's back on, not sleeping.
>
> I wonder if somebody might have any suggestions. My first
> thought was tweaking, adding some kernel parameters but will
> have to research that.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1230#note_824935

It's basically because S3 sleep was removed from the BIOS and instead has a
MS proprietary Si0x or something like that, don't quote me, but the details
are in the link.

It will not likely be fixed anytime soon although there has been some
progress recently. I disabled sleep on my laptop since it boots pretty darn
fast anyway.

Thanks,
Richard